Ragging means any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in undisciplined activities which cause or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, or psychological harm to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student. The student indulging in the above act is liable for punishment of suspension, debarring from examination, rustication or cancellation of admission or fine, etc.
Ragging in all its forms is prohibited on the College Campus. The provisions of the Act of the Central Government and the State Governments if enacted will consider ragging as a cognizable offense under the law on a par with rape and other atrocities against women and ill-treatment of persons belonging to SC/ ST.
Duties of the Cell
1. To ensure the overall disciplined environment in the College.
2. To initiate timely action against erring students.
3. To sensitize students about the evils of ragging and its prevention on the College Campus by organizing talks/programs etc.
4. To address complaints about ragging as per the Govt. and University procedures.
5. To maintain records of the cases investigated and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.
|Sr.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Mr. Dayanand Ghosalkar||Co-ordinator|
|2.||Ms. Aziza Shaikh||Member|